Trusted professional treatments.
Sophisticated home care formulations.
PCA SKIN’s proven process for exceptionally healthy, beautiful results.
A professional medical grade chemical peel dramatically promotes cell renewal, resulting in smoother, tighter skin. It reduces surface bacteria, resulting fewer acne breakouts, brightens the skin and lightens hyper pigmentation. Hydration of the skin can also be achieved while wrinkles are dramatically reduced. It is at the discretion of the esthetician as to the appropriate peel as all skin types vary. PCA uses lactic and citric acids which are skin- friendly because they are natural constituents of your skin. Physician’s Choice™ peels are unique because they are moisturizing and hydrating and leave your skin fresh, soft and supple, the way it wants to be!
This combines the luxuries of a chemical peel suited to your skin type, in conjunction with a microdermabrasion treatment. This treatment involves a two-step process; first microdermabrasion buffs away the dull outer layer, second a chemical peel is immediately applied to absorb deeper into the dermis. Rapidly promotes cell renewal resulting in the diminishing of wrinkles. Increases collagen formation for tighter, supple skin and lightening of hyperpigmentation to even out skin tone. Leaves your skin radiant and glowing!
After receiving your chemical peel, you may experience some light flaking in a few localized areas for up to five days and slight redness for one to twelve hours. Although you may or may not actually "peel" during the first one or two treatments, you will probably experience slight exfoliation and your skin will feel tight and pulled.Patients should always follow the Home Care Regimen sheet provided by their technician, but the following post-treatment tips are also recommended to maximize the benefits to your skin:
- Do not apply any medications following treatment not recommended by your technician, including AHA products.
- It is ideal to let the skin stabilize and rest overnight, but makeup can be applied following the treatment if absolutely necessary.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. Use your daily sunscreen protection.
- Do no pick at or pull on any loosening or exfoliating skin. This could potentially cause hyper pigmentation.
- Do NOT go to a tanning booth for a least three weeks before or after a treatment.
- Discontinue the use of Retin-A®/Renova® or Differin® for seven days after treatment.
- Do not have electrolysis, collagen injections, facial waxing or use depilatories for approximately five days after the treatment.
- Do not schedule another treatment until your technician advises you to do so.
- Do not put the face directly into a hot shower spray. Do not use Jacuzzis, steam rooms or saunas.
- Do not go swimming or participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
- Do not use Buff-Puff’s or other means of mechanical exfoliation.
- Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
- Stay cool! Getting heated internally can cause hyperpigmentation.