Eclipse MICROPEN™ (MICRO-NEEDLING)
Micro-needling Therapy: The Novel and Revolutionary Procedure in Esthetics
The MicroPen treatment is a one of the newest revolutionary esthetic treatments for the face and body. The treatments provided by this device are helpful for improving fine lines, deep wrinkles, texture, and enlarged pores.* As part of the process, the micro-needling tool penetrates at the right speed and depth through the outer, superficial layer of the skin (the epidermis) into the slightly deeper layer (the dermis) just underneath. These tiny penetrations in the skin layer simulate an injury, in order to stimulate collagen production, which then the body produces naturally as a repair agent.
It is a safe and effective alternative to neuromodulators (such as Botox) and fillers for treating fine lines and wrinkles in the upper lip and under eye area utilizing your body’s own processes.* Each treatment includes the infusion of pharmaceutical grade serums such as hyaluronic acid (HA), growth factors, or other nutrient-rich ingredients into deeper layers of the skin. The effect creates lasting hydration, collagen stimulation, and repairs and regenerates tissue all through the use of the body’s own elements.
The MicroPen treatment is also effective at treating scars caused by acne, tightening loose facial skin, such as sunken under-eye bags, and produces a glowing complexion.* Treatments are also frequently used in combination with the Platelet-Rich-Plasma therapy (“PRP”) to increase the results, also known in the esthetics industry as the “Vampire Facial.”
Some of the esthetic conditions for which Micro-Needling can be effective:
- Acne scars;
- Overall skin texture and pore size;
- Stretch marks;
- Loose skin;
- Fine lines and wrinkles;
- Sun damage;
How does Micro-Needling work?
The device slides along the skin, puncturing the upper layer of the skin to a depth of up to 2 millimeters to create numerous tiny (“micro”) needle wounds. This process stimulates the body’s own reaction and response through the creation of new collagen and elastin fibers. In response to the stimulus, the skin plumps and thickens, reducing the appearance of scars, and fine lines and wrinkles.
What does the procedure involve?
The skin is cleaned and numbing cream may be applied to lessen discomfort. A small handheld pen-like device with a sterile, disposable tip with tiny needles is then used to pierce the skin. Our needling pen’s multi-speed and adjustable needle depth allow needles to pierce the skin’s layer at 90 degrees and increase the absorption of the PRP or HA serum. After the treatment, the PRP or HA Serum is applied topically to calm the skin and to help regenerate healthy tissue and skin.
What should I expect after the treatment?
Most people will experience temporary redness and mild swelling, similar to a mild sunburn, for 24-48 hours, and some longer. There may be minimal pinpoint bleeding and/or bruising. Within two to three weeks, you will notice that your skin is smoother and more radiant looking, but the full effects will not be noticeable until a few months later. The skin will look rejuvenated and plump. The texture will be much improved and the results are truly incredible.
What is the down time the treatment?
The inflammatory reaction of the skin is short and fades significantly within hours from redness to pinkish that may last for 24 to 48 hours. To further reduce visible redness, we recommend hyaluronic acid after the procedure, and to protect the skin with zinc-based sunblock. The use of mineral makeup is recommended after a procedure.
What are the benefits of Micro-Needling?
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production;
- Medical grade titanium needles makes it non-allergenic to human tissue;
- Cost effective compared to other resurfacing esthetic procedures;
- Micro-Needling is safe to use on all skin types and all skin colors.
- There is no risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation;
- Can be used in all areas of the face and body, including fragile areas such as around the eyes, mouth, and neck;
- Improves skin texture;
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles;
- Stimulates tissue regeneration;
- Disfiguring scars, especially acne scars, can be improved as new collagen fibers elevate the depressed scar tissue with the periphery skin;
- Pore size reduction;
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many treatments do I need and how often can Micro-Needling procedures be repeated?
Micro-Needling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks until you achieve the desired results. For collagen induction, we recommend starting with 3 treatments, but with a minimum separation time of 4 to 6 weeks between treatments. For scar reduction, an average of 3 to 6 treatments is recommended. The number of treatments required will depend on how each individual will respond to the treatment and the extent of the damage prior to the treatment.
Am I a candidate for the Micro-Needling?
This procedure can be safely performed on all skin types and all skin colors. As the epidermis and, in particular, melanocytes in the basal area are left intact. There is minimal risk of pigment change or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Micro-Needling is not suitable for the individuals who:
- Have used Accutane (isotretinoin) within the last three months
- Have open wounds, cuts or abrasions on the skin
- Have had radiation treatment to the skin within the last year
- Have any kind of current skin infection, condition, herpes simplex in the area to be treated
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have any history of keloid or hypertrophic scars or poor wound healing
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- The procedure lasts approximately an hour.
- Redness, irritation and swelling may occur, though they will subside in the following 24 – 48 hours.
- You will have some peeling and dryness
- Depending on each individual’s needs, the procedure may be repeated every four to six weeks
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, and herbal supplements for 72 hours prior to the treatment. These medications can increase the chances of bruising.
What is the Eclipse MicroPen®?
The Eclipse MicroPen® is a revolutionary cordless dermal Micro-Needling device used by skincare professionals across the globe. Eclipse MicroPen® has several advantages over previous generation anti-aging devices such as lasers and dermal needle rollers. Dermatologists and aesthetic practitioners choose the Eclipse MicroPen® for the following reasons:
- Safety First. The Eclipse MicroPen® is inherently safer than other products, such as dermal rollers. The MicroPen® delivers greater efficiency and superior clinical results while maintaining the highest level of safety for both the patient and provider. It is also safe for most skin types, which means it is a great procedure for almost everyone!
- Faster is Better. MicroPen’s high-speed motor allows for a more efficient yet timely procedure. The rapid pen motion provides a more comfortable experience that patients describe as a mild sandpaper-like sensation.
- Customized For You. Each patient has unique skin needs and requirements. The variable pen position feature allows MicroPen® professionals to customize a treatment for best clinical results.
- Consistent Results. Safety and control features lead to predictable, consistent results. Compared to lasers and dermal rollers, MicroPen® is able to deliver reliable and improved outcomes for virtually every patient.
For optimum results, we use Hyaluronic Acid or Stem Growth Factors
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is extensively used in skincare because of its extraordinary ability to retain moisture and restore elasticity to the skin. It holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
It is one of the key ingredients in most cosmetic surgeries like commercial dermal filler injections and lip augmentations e.g. Restylane®, Hylaform®, and Juvederm®.
Hyaluronic acid in serums and creams have been proven to:
- reduce wrinkles
- provide relief for extremely dry skin like eczema
- fortify sensitive skin
- and plump maturing or aging skin
Hyaluronic acid is also present in a number of sunscreens because it is also capable of protecting the skin against UV radiation.
5 TARGETED BENEFITS OF Hyaluronic Acid:
- Minimize – soothe tired, dehydrated skin with a boost of moisture with diminishing the look of fine lines.
- Deeply Hydrate – Hyaluronic Acid works to pull moisture towards skin; penetrate deep into the dermis to hold hydration.
- Brighten – A brighter complexion with the benefits of healthy skin.
- Plumping – naturally, molecules hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water meaning we gain plumping benefits of this activity.
- Dewy – Reveal a dewy glow for a more youthful and refreshed appearance.