The Vampire Facial
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Facial
Micro-Needling (Collagen Stimulation Therapy) with Platelet-Rich Plasma (“PRP”) “Vampire Facial”
Ready to COMPLETELY transform your overall skin appearance like never before using your own blood?
“Vampire” skin treatment uses your body’s own Platelet Rich Plasma (“PRP”) to rejuvenate face and neck. Platelets are rich in growth factors, which essentially act as energy boost for our skin. This allows our skin to function at its peak, improving everything from collagen to elastin, while at the same time providing antioxidant and hydrating properties. PRP is now commonly used topically as part of a regular facial, used along with micro-needling, to enhance penetration into the skin, and is even being injected into the skin in the same manner as dermal fillers. Plasma is the internal essence of your own blood that contains life-sustaining proteins and eight growth factors essential to healthy, beautiful skin. PRP treatments increase the flow of blood supply to the skin, helping to restore the flow of vital nutrients and bring out a daily glow. This cutting-edge, revolutionary treatment will take you back in time to a younger, fresher, healthier skin.
The Vampire Facial:
Regardless of its growing popularity among top celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Keira Maguire, and many more, the Vampire Facial is truly one of the best ways to naturally improve and rejuvenate your skin using your own body’s potential.
How it works:
4 SIMPLE STEPS TO YOUR IMPROVED SKIN.
- 1. A small amount of blood from your arm is safely and professionally drawn.
- 2. The drawn blood is then set into our medical-grade centrifuge, which allows the red and white blood cells to be separated from your blood plasma.
- 3. That same plasma is then extracted and gently applied topically on the desired area of treatment.
- 4. Once the plasma is set, it is further applied into the skin through a procedure known as micro-needling which creates micro-sized point punctures in the skin, temporarily opening up your pores.
- Improves the skin’s texture and tone
- Helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Makes the skin smoother and softer
- Helps to reduce sun damage
- Fades scars
- Improves overall hyper-pigmentation
How long does a PRP treatment take?
An appointment for a PRP treatment will take approximately 30 minutes to one hour. However, the treatment time varies depending on the number of areas you are targeting.
Who is the ideal candidate for the Vampire Facial?
PRP therapy is autologous, which means it comes from one’s own body. Therefore, in theory, we should all be good candidates for this treatment. The Vampire Facial can be used to treat:
- Crow’s feet
- Dark circles around the eyes
- Fine lines around the mouth
- Dull, rough, or grey skin tone and texture
- Sun-damaged skin
- Acne scarring
- Crepey skin in the eye, neck and décolletage areas
This procedure is not suitable for individuals with blood-related conditions, anemia, or blood or bone cancers. Patients who take blood thinning medication or non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) should discontinue their medication for a few weeks prior to their treatment and for a few days afterwards, according to their physician’s instructions.
Specifically, the following conditions are contraindications of PRP:
- Critical thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
- Haemodynamic instability (collapse)
- Sepsis (infection)
- Acute and chronic infections
- Chronic liver disease
- Anti-coagulation therapy (warfarin, dabigatran, heparin)
- Any kind of current skin infection, condition, herpes simplex in the area to be treated
- Accutane (isotretinoin) use within the last three months
Recovery after PRP therapy
The Vampire Facial requires little recovery time. There may be redness and some tenderness on the first day that appears much like sunburn. Occasionally some bruising may occur. The initial redness will subside on the second day, and some patients may notice some swelling and a sandpaper texture of the skin the day after treatment. By the third day, the swelling should diminish. The sandpaper texture of the skin may persist for up to a week.
Though you may notice these changes, you will not likely have any significant downtime as a result of these symptoms. You can go back to your regular daily activities after your appointment and, with a light make-up application, no one will be the wiser about your procedure.
What results can I expect?
Patients begin to see noticeable results within a few days after the treatment. Within 2 to 3 months, when the greatest benefit is seen, individuals report fully refreshed skin that looks and feels more youthful. These results can last between 1 to 2 years after the treatment, depending on the individual.
Caring for your rejuvenated skin
After your PRP therapy, skin hydration and sun protection are very important. A daily skin care regimen that includes a good quality moisturizer and multiple applications of sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher throughout the day is critical.
FINE LINE REJUVENATION: