PREPARATION FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Avoid tanning, body bronzing and tanning beds two weeks prior to treatment and wear sunscreen as part of your daily routine.
- Do not wax or have electrolysis three weeks prior to treatment. You may use a depilatory cream until 14 days prior to treatment. You must shave 24 hours prior to treatment.
- You have to stop doing these procedures two weeks prior to laser hair removal: Photosensitizing Medication, Facial Peels, Retin A, or Renova, Bleaching hair cream, Depilatory Cream, Waxing and Tweezing/Threading.
HOW DOES LASER HAIR REMOVAL WORK
- The laser light passes through the cooled skin.
- Laser light is absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicle.
- Energy is converted into heat.
- The blood supply that feeds the hair follicle is destroyed by the heat energy without damaging the surrounding tissue.
WHAT SKIN COLOR CAN BE TREATED WITH LASER
- Most individuals with darker skin types, especially African-Americans, believe they can’t get laser treatment. This was true ten years ago — not today. At Aesthetic Allure℠ we can treat any skin type and complexion. African-American clients have experienced incredible and permanent results.
- If you are prone to ingrown hairs, the only solution is laser hair removal for a perfectly smooth and ingrown-free skin.
NUMBER OF TREATMENTS
- The number of treatments required for long-term benefits depends on the area being treated, your hair density, and the hair's growth cycle.
- There are three phases of hair growth — Anagen (active), Catagen (regression) and Telogen (resting). Laser technology is designed to treat hair in the Anagen phase of growth.
- Additional factors, including age, ethnicity, weight, hormones, diet, medication and metabolism, influence hair growth and play a role in the location, thickness and resilience of your hair.
- Although each client is unique, experience tells us that you can expect an average of 4-8 treatments spaced 6 to 12 weeks apart, depending on the body location of the unwanted hair.
WAITING BETWEEN TREATMENTS
- Treatments are typically performed at 4-12 week intervals for optimal results.
- The treatment intervals will vary depending on age, gender, and the area of the body being treated.
- This allows us to maximize your results by strictly following a customized protocol.
DESCRIPTION OF TREATMENT
- Most individuals experience no more than a slight stinging sensation as the laser pulses are applied. Some parts of the body do tend to be more sensitive than others and a topical numbing cream is available.
- Cooling is used to prevent overheating of epidermis.
- The treatment takes anywhere from minutes to hours depending on the area(s) being treated.
- Immediately following a laser treatment, client should experience reddened and puffy skin. This is termed follicular edema, and resembles goose bumps. It feels somewhat like a mild sunburn.
- Many clients schedule treatments during their lunch break and return to their offices with no visible indications.
- Hair will begin to fall out 10-14 days after the treatment (it may appear that the hair is growing more rapidly, but it is actually falling out)
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 7 days after your last treatment.
- Avoid the sun and tanning beds during the entirety of your laser sessions.
- If you must be in the sun, wear a full spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30+ and stay in the shade as much as possible