Now that you've scheduled your first appointment for laser hair removal, you're probably thinking how do I prepare for my treatments?
Don't worry – we've got you covered! Here are a few foundational standards our team has developed to help you get ready for your treatment and ensure that it goes as smoothly as possible:
1. Avoid waxing, plucking, or electrolysis for at least 4-6 weeks before your treatment. These methods of hair removal can interfere with the laser's ability to target the hair follicles. Instead, use a razor or depilatory cream to remove any unwanted hair.
2. Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, and bronzing for at least 2-4 weeks before your treatment. Sun exposure increases your skin's sensitivity and having a laser on top of that can lead to serious damage. Laser hair removal also only works when treated on your natural skin tone because the laser machine are configured to your skin tone to get the best possible results. So if you're tan or have bronzer, forget about it, wait 2-4 weeks.
3. Shave the area to be treated the day before your treatment. This will help the laser to target the hair follicles more effectively as lasers target the follicle inside your skin instead of the hair that grows outward. Don't worry – you won't need to shave again until after your treatment is finished.
4. Wear loose, comfortable clothing to your appointment. This will make it easier for the laser technician to access the area being treated, and will help you feel more comfortable during the procedure.
5. Relax and enjoy the experience! Laser hair removal may sound intimidating, but it's actually a quick and painless process. And with the right preparation, you'll be smooth and hair-free in no time!
So, there you have it – you're now all set to get ready for your first laser hair removal treatment. Just remember to avoid waxing, plucking, or electrolysis, avoid sun exposure/bronzer, shave the day before, wear loose clothing, and of course...relax. And who knows – you might even have a little bit of fun along the way!
Copyright © 2023, Aesthetic Allure.